OFFICIAL FRENCH EXAMS
All of our courses prepare our learners for those internationally recognized qualifications. Students from other institutions are also welcome to take those exams at the Alliance française.
Successful candidates will be awarded certificates or diplomas issued by The French Ministry of Education (operated by CIEP – Centre international d’études pédagogiques).
DELF -DALF Sessions in 2021
Registrations: February 11th to May 22nd
Exam: February 27th (written) March 13th (Oral)
Registrations: May 24th to May 31st
Exam: June 5th (written) and June 19th (Oral)
Registrations: November 11th to November 22nd
Exams: November 27th (written) and December 11th (Oral)
The DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official qualifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
The DELF Junior possesses all the qualities of the DELF all public while tackling topics which are adapted to teenagers.
They certify the French as Second Language learner skills at four different levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), thus there are four separate diplomas:
- A1 (Discovery),
- A2 (Intermediate),
- B1 (Independent) and
- B2 (Advanced).
The examinations are independent; candidates can register for a level without any prerequisite for the examination of their choice. The diploma is valid for life!
At each level a series of tests assesses the four skills:
- oral comprehension (25 points)0
- oral expression (25 points)
- written comprehension (25 points)
- written expression (25 points)
The DELF PRO is the professional version of the DELF, national diplomas for French as a Foreign Language issued by the French National Education Ministry.
It is meant for people whose objective is a professional insertion or promotion in a French-speaking milieu. Any candidate, undergoing initial or continued training can take the exam.
The DELF Pro assesses common communicative skills in all current professional situations. The subjects of the papers are in keeping with the professional world. It comprises 4 independent diplomas corresponding to the first four levels of the CEFRL: from A1 to B2. There are no prerequisites: a candidate can appear for the diploma of his/her choice. Each diploma assesses the 4 skills: listening and reading, writing as well as speaking during interaction..
Unsure of your level in French? You’ve been studying it long time ago in high school, or you have spent some time in a francophone country and you want to assess your level before registering for a class?
Get prepared for the exam
The AEF is an examination center for those studying distance courses at French Universities.
If you wish to take your university exam in AEF:
– Ask the coordinator of your study program to contact the course director of the AEF at least 1 month before the exam, giving the exam details.
– Answer sheets will be sent to the university through DHL or diplomatic mail.
– Sending and receiving fees are charged to the candidate.