OFFICIAL FRENCH EXAMS
All our courses prepare our students for the internationally recognized qualifications. Students from other institutions are also invited to take these exams at the Alliance Française.
Successful candidates will receive certificates or diplomas issued by the French Ministry of Education and administered by France Education International (FEI).
DELF -DALF Sessions in 2024
February 26th to March 11th
March 16th (Written) March 23rd (Oral)
May 20th to June 3rd
June 8th (written) June 15th (Oral)
August 19th to September 6th
EXAM September 7th (Written) September 7th-14th (Oral)
October 21st to November 1st
November 2nd (Written) November 2nd-9th (Oral)
November 25th to December 9th
December 14th (written) December 21st (Oral)
The DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official qualifications issued by the French Ministry of Education to certify French language proficiency of non-native speakers. International Recognition.
- Diplomas are awarded by the French Ministry of Education and accepted worldwide.
- Exams are held world-wide and conducted under the supervision of the French Embassy of respective countries, at accredited official examination centres.
- The DELF-DALF structure is modeled on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which serves as an international reference in the organisation of language teaching and certification.
- Candidates having earned the DALF are exempted from language entrance examinations in French universities.
The DELF Junior possesses all the qualities of the DELF all public while tackling topics which are adapted to teenagers.
They certify the French as Second Language learner skills at four different levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), thus there are four separate diplomas:
- A1 (Discovery),
- A2 (Intermediate),
- B1 (Independent) and
- B2 (Advanced).
The examinations are independent; candidates can register for a level without any prerequisite for the examination of their choice. The diploma is valid for life!
At each level a series of tests assesses the four skills:
- oral comprehension (25 points)0
- oral expression (25 points)
- written comprehension (25 points)
- written expression (25 points)
Unsure of your level in French? You’ve been studying it long time ago in high school, or you have spent some time in a francophone country and you want to assess your level before registering for a class?
The Alliance Ethio-Française placement test can be taken anytime,from Monday to Saturday, from 9am to 6pm.